I and my friends from ARRahmanFans Yahoo! Group worked for this concert for more than 1 month, organising Road-shows and contests at malls etc. to promote the show.
This foto is from one such program at Planet M, Bangalore. These were so exciting - listening about ARR from so many people - what they think, how much they know etc...

And for the last 2 days (the day of the concert and the day before) we worked at the venue. That is when we got to meet ARR and other artistes.

Shivmani
Shivmani was the first artist I met for this concert. I had gone to the Air-port to recieve him - this was 2 days before the concert. Shivmani and two of his assistants (Sukumar and Biju) had landed in B'lore that day. Shivmani was very very friendly! I welcomed him, and spoke in thamizh. And he put his hand over my shoulder and said "Thamizh-aa... Sollu thalaiva" - as though we were long-time-friends!!! I then asked him for a foto, and he responded "onnu enna, nooru photo eduthukkalaam". ("why just one photo.. I am ready for 100 fotos!").
Me with Shivmani, at the Airport.
Damn that guy, who just put his head in front of the camera! grrrrrr

When he met me again the next day, at the food-court in the concert venue, he recognised me and asked me "thalaiva... eppdi irukkae?" ("how are u") much to the surprise of my friends with me at that time, who did not know that I had met him the previous day!

The Stage
On the day of the rehersals, we just went up the stage to have a peek of the equipments. Managed to get a photo of me with that sophisticated sound mixing equipments.


Also had a close look at ARR's keyboards.
(to be continued)
By Aravind on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post Categories: , ,
Comments
  1. crsathish

    u r the luckiest person dude. pl allow me to publish ur link in my blog

  1. Rags

    I envy you...you were privileged to meet such great legends...and the instruments that made them legends.

  1. Aravind

    @ Sathish:
    thanx... and go ahead linking my blog.. .Its good to get some Publicity... :)

    @ rags:
    sir.. hold ur envy! More to come in the next part!

  1. lakshmi

    Cool!

Post a Comment